Consortium Health Plans President and CEO Announces Retirement
May 6, 2016—Consortium Health Plans President and Chief Executive Officer Mimi Leonard will retire at the end of 2016. Mimi informed Consortium's Board of Directors of her decision at its recent May 2016 meeting.
The Board has engaged an executive search firm to look nationwide for Mimi's replacement. She will remain fully engaged in leading Consortium until a new CEO has been appointed.
Mimi joined Consortium in 2010. Since that time, Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans have experienced significant growth in national accounts. She previously was a partner with Mercer Health and Benefits and held several local and national leadership roles over the course of her career. Prior to joining Mercer, she was vice president of national account sales for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield in the Midwest.
About Consortium Health Plans
Consortium Health Plans was formed in 1994 to help its founding Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans position themselves as the preferred choice for national accounts.
Now a national coalition of 21 leading BCBS Plans, Consortium provides a clear and unified voice, as well as effective central coordination, for the Blue System among national accounts and the consultants and brokers who serve them.
Consortium does not replace the working relationships that consultants and brokers have with individual Plans. Rather, Consortium harnesses the significant strengths of the Blue Plans to give these producers a single point of contact to:
- deliver a consistent Blue message to the market
- identify and report on Blue Plan capabilities
- provide consistent annual RFI responses for all Blue Plans
- quickly answer diverse questions about national account capabilities of the BCBS System
- troubleshoot communications issues and help resolve any producer concerns about what BCBS can do for their clients
- connect them with the right individuals within the BCBS System who can help them advocate for their clients
- provide written materials to support the Blue value proposition